Aetna Life Insurance Headquarters
Architect: Clohessy, Harris, and Kaiser Architects
Property Manager: Grubb & Ellis Management
The Rogers building is a 995,000 SF 1930s colonial brick structure, consisting of eight stories with a penthouse. The Cafeteria and Training (C&T) and Link buildings are 178,000 SF, two story granite veneer and aluminum storefronts from the 1970s. The Tower building is a 565,000 SF seven story concrete structure built in the 1970s.
SDA prepared a Facade Restoration Report that consisted of the preparation and development of a façade survey; a prioritization of work; and development of construction estimates and preliminary construction documents for restorations and repairs. The scope of this work included the office building, Cafeteria and Training buildings, Tower, Refrigeration, and grounds buildings.
In addition to this original, comprehensive review, SDA has continued to provide a variety of structural engineering and facade consulting services for Aetna that have included:
- Skylight Replacement (C&T and Towers buildings)
- Waterproofing Roof Replacement for garden roof (C&T and Rogers building)
- Parapet Restoration (Rogers building)
- Storefront Replacement (Towers, Link, and C&T buildings)
- Solar Panel Installation Peer Review (Towers building)