Colonial Theater and Bank Building
Architect: Carnevale Eustis Architects
The Colonial Theater was opened in 1903 and is the last surviving of four theaters once existing in Phoenixville. It is the only theater of its kind in Chester County. The Colonial Theater sponsored live stage shows, vaudeville acts, and musicals. It is best known for being featured in the 1958 science film classic The Blob. SDA designed an organ lift on the main stage and a third floor assembly area for private parties and entertaining.
SDA designed the structural renovation upgrades with Carnevale Eustis Architects to the nineteenth century Gregorian style “Bank” building connected to the historic Colonial Theater. The newly remodeled Bank building contains two smaller scale theatres, classrooms, event spaces, and a rooftop deck.